Donnerstag, 25. September 2008

Rhapsody ... music without limits

So this is going to be my first entry written in English because it is a topic for everybody in the world - as long as you are able to understand English, of course.

To begin with, I am stayin in Japan and that now for a quite long time. That's why it occurs from time to time that I don't know what to do with myself and therefore spend some time on watching South Park on its very own homepage southparkstudios.com. However, to make this whole page possible to run, the creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker (at least I think they're running, or at least gave their OK to run this site) need to make money by filling the series with a few advertisements.
That is completely okay with me and furthermore, in my opinion this is a step many producers might think about.

Just today I recognized for the first time the ad for a music platform called "Rhapsody" which seems to be kind of a mixed up "Pandora" with wikipedia and the mySpace music function. Principly, you can listen to music and find musical references to different bands, however the main aspect is the listening to music, I guess.
To come back to this great ad: There is a woman jumping of a skyscraper in an American metropolity. The reason is not her unwillingness to lead the life she has to lead but to hit a giant bubble flying through the city area to listen to music.
A situation everyone probably has been into twice in their life time.
From this bubble she jumps into a second one with completely different music. This shall emphasize the huge variety of music "rhapsody" offers which is even more supported by the name itself.

The slogan is short but effective: "Music without limits" it says making you believe yuo can listen to whatever you want, "whenever you want, wherevery you are". Well, I don't know how long this service is online but using it for the first time in my life I had to face 2 limitations:
First, there was no song of well-known rapcore band (hed) Planet Earth, which is excusable as not every artist or label wants to give their music to such services. Yet, what amuses me the most is, Second, the fact that I am staying in Japan, the second largest "western" economy in the world. I can download files at the speed of 750kb/s, use services with my mobile every European citizen may dream of BUT I am not able to listen to music on rhapsody "whenever I want, wherever I am".
This service is only available in the U.S.
I do not mean to critizise the fact I cannot use it (I posess plenty of music by my own) but more the fact, the ad tells me I can when I cannot.


Next time, dear rhapsody, don't tell me there are no limits when there are.

Thanks, buddy.

Keine Kommentare: